– Hardware Engineering consists of the development, introduction and application of electronics or mechanical hardware to respond to customer requirements in a cost-effective manner using established engineering principles and standards.
– Use computers and selected programs for such matters as preparing reports, conducting analyses and developing the actual design.Independently and leading other engineers, perform various engineering duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of standard engineering principles and practices, towards set goals.
– Lead, plan, conduct and coordinate a range of complex engineering activities encompassing one or more engineering disciplines.
– Serve as consultant to management and customers regarding advanced technical studies, their potential application and the resolution of complex problems.
– Coordinate major engineering tasks of substantial impact to PG.
– Proactively develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer satisfaction.
Minimum requirements of education and experience:
· More than 6 years of work experience within the relevant field including leadership/management and a Bachelor or Master degree or
· Another technical degree with >15 years of work experience within relevant field.
· Working command of the English language
Job title: Digital Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
This position is for an experienced electronics design engineer that will work on development and maintenance of main control and protection electronic hardware products, the hearth of a HVDC – High Voltage Direct Current system
• The work tasks require board bring up, debug, life cycle analysis on products, finding alternate / FFF components, implementing the design change on schematic/layout, testing and documentation
• The work requires understanding of digital and/or analog electronics both theoretical as well as practical tasks
• Requirement management, development of design specifications and documentation are part of the work tasks as well
• 10+ years experience on developing digital electronics hardware
• 8+ years of experience with industry standard schematic capture and PCB layout tools
• Experience on digital electronics design based on MCUs, CPUs, FPGAs, DSPs, GPUs or SoCs
• Theoretical knowledge on processor architectures, e.g. x86, ARM, RISC
• Design experience on standard communication interfaces, e.g. I2C, SPI, RS422/485, RS232, UART, CAN, MVB, HDLC
• Design experience on high speed communication interfaces, e.g. Ethernet, LVDS, USB, PCIe, DDRx, SATA
• Design experience on mixed signal circuits (e.g. ADCs, DACs), timing and clock distribution (e.g. PLLs)
• Theoretical knowledge of signal integrity, experience on simulations and measurement techniques with proven experience in making correlation between the theoretical and practical domains
• Experience/knowledge on thermal management, power and timing budget calculations
• Proficiency in board bring-up and debugging skills
• Experience with lab equipment and test setups
• Experience on product/system verification and environmental testing
• Proven understanding and real-world application of DFx (DFM, DFA and DFT)
• Practical knowledge in manufacturing of PCBs and PCBAs
• Ability to prepare well organized documentation for designs, verification/production tests, and manufacturing
• Knowledge of electronic hardware development life cycle and obsolescence management
• Experience on working with multi-functional hardware, software and system architecture teams
• Experience on FPGA coding (Verilog/VHDL) is a plus
• Design experience on optical fiber communication is a plus
• Ability to write test software for hardware verification is a plus
• Experience with 12+ layer and HDI PCBs is a plus
• Experience with PLM tools is a plus
• Experience from reliability analysis such as MTBF, FMEA and FTA is a plus
• Master’s or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is a plus
All the requirements on background may not be met simultaneously
PLEASE NOTE: This is a price pressured assignment.