SE_Project Management / Epic Management (Internal Projects) – Associate Project Manager/Epic Owner till Hitachi Energy Sweden AB (6275)
Project Management is responsible for Project execution incl. fulfilment of scope, quality, financial and time constraints. We have two project management models to apply:
• Projects where a gate model is uses as guidance or as governance support.
• Projects within the SAFe setup at UM. In this case the project is called an EPIC and the project owner is called Epic owner.
Associate PM / Associate Epic Owner: Lead the execution of small projects / EPICS with low complexity and ensure that all related activities are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, cost/ profitability targets and scheduling targets.
Associate Project Manager / Associate Epic owner, with the support of project team/SAFe teams, is responsible for successful execution / delivery of assigned project(s) / EPIC(s)on-time, within budget with on- quality & safety framework of Hitachi Energy.
– HITACHI ENERGY Certified Associate Project Manager / Associate EPIC owner or similar.
– Certified Associate SAFe Agilist, Scrum Master or Product Owner/Product Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum two (2) years of managing projects within relevant field.
o Relevant field for MACH EPIC owners is Electronics product development including Hardware, software, FPGA and mechanics development.
• Bachelor’s Degree or similar in engineering with domain experience in Hitachi Energy business, or
• Another technical degree with less than 10 years of work experience within the relevant field.
Information related skills:
o Analyses numerical data, verbal data, and all other sources of information; Breaks information into component parts, patterns, and relationships; Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
o Expresses opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly.
• Communicate fluent in English language.
Additional Hiring Information for Supplier:
Scrum is facilitated by a scrum master, who is accountable for removing impediments to the ability of the team to deliver the product goals and deliverables. The scrum master is not a traditional team lead or project manager but acts as a barrier between the team and any distracting influences. The scrum master ensures that the scrum framework is followed by coaching the team in scrum theory and concepts, often facilitating key sessions, and encourages the team to grow and to improve. The role has also been referred to as a team facilitator or servant-leader to reinforce these dual perspectives. We are looking for a Scrum master to a team of 11 persons, with a combination of competence of SSW, FPGA and HW. The work in the department (approx. 250 persons) is done according to the SAFe methology with 10 weeks PI (program increment), consisting of five 2 weeks iterations. As a start one SAFe team would be handled by this Scrum master, but with time a second team could be added to this persons responsibility.
The core responsibilities of a scrum master include (but are not limited to):
• Helping the product owner maintain the product backlog in a way that ensures the needed work is well understood so the team can continually make forward progress.
• Helping the team to determine the definition of done for the product, with input from key stakeholders.
• Coaching the team, within the Scrum principles, in order to deliver high-quality features for its product
• Educating key stakeholders and the rest of the organization on Scrum (and possibly Agile) principles.
• Helping the scrum team avoid or remove impediments to its progress, whether internal or external to the team.
• Promoting self-organization and cross-functionality within the team.
• Facilitating team events to ensure regular progress.
The scrum master helps people and organizations adopt empirical and lean thinking, leaving behind hopes for certainty and predictability.
Some remote work is possible in dialogue with manager, need to be on-site 100% for start up period.